Your assistance is vital to expanding the ANCA Endowment’s active engagement with the Administration and Congress in developing a consensus among U.S. policymakers and all regional stakeholders in support of practical steps to meet the urgent economic, cultural, and civic needs of the Armenian population in Javakhk and throughout Georgia.
In support of these aims, we have:
- Educated U.S. legislators about the historic and current economic, cultural, and governance difficulties facing the population in the historically Armenian region of Javakhk, and the challenges facing Armenians throughout Georgia.
- Informed Congressional appropriators about the broad-based benefits for all regional stakeholders of robust and targeted U.S. economic and development aid to the Javakhk region.
- Explored with U.S., Georgian, and Armenian stakeholders the creation of multilateral development programs to promote sustainable job creation and economic growth in Javakhk.
- Traveled on fact-finding missions to Javakhk, Tibilisi, and throughout Georgia for direct consultations with senior Georgian ministers, the U.S. Ambassador, the direction of the U.S. Agency for International Development, civil society groups, and local Armenians.
- Established an ongoing dialogue with the Georgia’s Ambassador to the United States on issues of mutual concern to Armenians and Georgians, including the economic development of Javakhk.